The Letter of the Year 2014
For New Jersey, the United States and the World
The Letter of the Year was taken out on Wednesday January 1, 2014
At 11:00 AM by the Babalawos in the Templo Bonifacio Valdes
TEMPLO BONIFACIO VALDES
481 HENRY STREET
ELIZABETH, NJ 07201
Templo Bonifacio Valdes
Founded January 2, 1976
Luis Castillo, Oshe Nilogbe, Omo Odun
Emilio Carrero, Irete Bara, Omo Odun
John Gallo, Ogunda Ka, Omo Odun
Raymond Crawford, Obara Guña, Omo Odun
Ashe, Maferefun Olodumare, Olofin, Oduduwa, Orunmila, Egun and all the Orisha
ADVICE FROM IFA FOR THE YEAR 2014
SIGN OF THE YEAR 2014: Ogunda Obara
THIS YEAR THE SIGN CAME WITH IRE WHICH IS AN ASPECT FAVORABLE
"IRE ARIKU OYALE TESI" – DEFINITE WELL BEING
Orunmila is the Orisha that defends, aids and will give us good health during this year. Orunmila asks for no offering.
Everyone during the course of the year should burn two candles, one yellow and one green or two white candles and ask for health.
Those who continue their petitions and offerings will gain the benefit of Orunmila’s help.
ORISHA THAT GOVERNS: SHANGO
ADDIMU: Cornmeal with Okra and Beef
Note: Burn two white candles and pray. Maintain the offering fresh. The offering should be left at the foot of a tree – if not possible – into the garbage.
ACCOMPANYING ORISHA: YEMONJA
Adimu or Offering: Fried Banana Chips
Burn two white candles or two blue candles.
Pray to Yemonja during the year.
Note: When the offering dries or becomes damaged, carry the offering to the ocean. If not possible, at the foot of a tree or the garbage
This Odu marks Rogation of the Head with Fresh Red Snapper or Fresh Fish.
This Odu marks Cleaning with a Rooster which then will be given to Elegba. This should be done with the Sign of the Year by your Godfather.
FLAG OF THE YEAR 2014: RECTANGULAR RED FLAG WITH A BLUE BORDER
EBO FOR THE YEAR 2014
1 Rooster for Elegba
3 Iron Stakes
Dirt from the Four Corners of the House
Dirt from your Job
Dirt from the Cemetery
Sand from the Beach
Two Coconuts, Two Candles
Regular Ingredients of an Ebo: Eku, Eja, Awado
ADVICE FOR THE YEAR 2014
- Attend to Elegba and the Warriors regularly so that they will Open the Doors.
- Those who do not have the Warriors should receive them.
- Marks the daily and constant struggle and preoccupation by people for the good of the family and loved ones.
- One has to learn to live, be happy and satisfied. We must understand that life is a daily struggle. By embracing and praying to Orunmila, we will these preoccupations and problems.
- Take good care our children. Show them the difference between right and wrong and good and evil.
- We must protect peace and harmony. No fights and no wars.
- Marks war between countries. Wars between groups of people because they do not reach agreement. Rebellion of people against heads of states and governments that tyrannize and oppress.
- We must respect our elders and people in general.
- We give respect so that we receive respect. Take care of your health. Protect the heart. Marks cancer. See the doctor. We must modify our character and behavior for the good.
- Do not mistreat people, our families and colleagues at work.
- We should wear white in order to attract peace and serenity.
- Attend to your spiritual quadrant.
- Pay homage to Shango Yemonja Oya Ogun and Elegba during this year. Feed them and if possible give a Tambor.
- Marks loss of life because of war, guerilla attacks and terrorism.
- Marks the River Procession in the Santo ceremony.
- The ceremony of Kariocha is important for the one who receive it and for those who give it.
- The people should receive the Orisha that are marked for their success in life. They should receive Asowano, Oduduwa, Olofin and Ifa. Consult with Ifa to mark the steps necessary to continue.
- Marks growth of the religion.
- You will the fruits from the seeds established in the previous year.
- Speak of the trees that are pruned which will flourish.
- Attend to your struggle to improve your life.
- Be careful of traps and deception in business. Do not sign anything that you don’t know what you are signing.
- Marks tricks and traps. We must guard our savings and gains so that in the end we will not have wasted our gains.
- Marks advance in earning due to business.
- Speaks of matrimonial separations because of infidelity.
- Avoid drinking in excess.
- Marks phenomena of the sea and floods which lead to death.
- Do not give refuge, lodging or shelter to strangers in order to avoid robbery and violation.
- Receive Olokun.
- Receive Kofa or the Hand of IFa in order to triumph.
- Do not use firearms and be careful of knives or machetes.
- Marks cirrhosis of the liver, tuberculosis, consumption, throat ailments, hemorrhoids, and for men problems with the prostate. Speaks of pains in the bones. Be careful of cancers in the body and the breast. Take care of your stomach and it marks an operation on the stomach.
- Take steps to avoid judicial problems by operating legal business. Problems with the law because of illicit businesses.
- Do not be avaricious and greedy.
- Be careful of a police visit in less than three months. Do works at the door of your house to prevent judicial problems.
- Marks being a victim of false testimony.
Principal Refrains for the Year 2014
- Foolish words should fall on deaf ears.
- Pay attention to good advice.
- There is no Lazaro without charity.
- Value the great along with the small
- The one who doesn’t want soup will get three cups.
- The one who bets on a rooster has his money in the air.
- When discord enters, luck will leave
- Don’t excuse your faults with that of others.
- The tree that is pruned will flourish
- Courage has no age.
- White always represents purity.
- Two equals will never be perfect.
- It is better to forget things that have no remedy.
- God squeezes but won’t choke.
- Those who don’t listen to advice will not grow old.
- Conform yourself with what you have.
- Bad character means the loss of good qualities.
- A person who is not responsible will not be a victor.
- Do not sacrifice another to eliminate an enemy.
- If you lose your head you will lose your life.
- Carefulness gives life.
- The bad head is the accomplice of death.
- The doctor gives the cure.
- Sickness is looking for you.
Rogations for the Year 2014
Red Snapper or Fresh Fish
Coconut and Water
Herbs for the Year 2014
HERBAL BATHS FOR YEAR 2014
CLEANINGS OF THE HOUSE FOR THE YEAR 2014
The plants that one should use for the baths are the same ones you should use to clean the house. Use one or two each time.
THE FOLLOWING FOODS MUST BE RESPECTED
Pork, Rooster, Snail, Sugar Cane, Coconut, Spicy and Peppery Foods, Food High in Salt. Raw Foods.
The Directors and Babalawos of Templo Bonifacio Valdes wish for you a year of health, happiness, prosperity, peace and tranquility in your home. May the blessings of Egun, Olofin, Orunmila and all the Orisha be by your side